Sunday, September 21, 2008

Polytank (manufacturer SA)

Manufacturers
Dry Creek SA
------------------------------------------------------

from Don Matthews
to
sales@polytanksales.com.au
Sep 22, 2008
subject Recyling spent poly tank

Dear Polytank,

I notice you manufacture poly rainwater tanks and wondered if you could help me.

I want to buy a poly rainwater tank but before doing so would like to know if it can be recycled when it eventually is broken down by sunlight. I want to think I would be doing the right thing by the environment and that it will be recycled at the end.

Also how long can I expect a tank to last before it needs replacing? Some manufacturers give a 25 year guarantee while others only 10 years. There seems to be a big difference here and I am a bit confused - one suggests I might get 25+ years while the other only 10+ years. Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks for your help
Don Matthews

------------------------------------------------------------
fromDon Matthews tosales@polytanksales.com.au
dateFri, Oct 3, 2008 Re: Recyling spent poly tankmailed-bygmail.com

Dear Poly tank,

I am wondering why I have not had the courtesy of an acknowledgement or reply?
-----------------------------------------------------------
fromMike
toDon Matthews

dateFri, Oct 3, 2008 RE: Recycling spent poly tank

Don

Sorry for my slow reply but as you can imagine sales and delivery of tanks is at an all time high
Rainwater tanks are made from polyethylene which is at the top of the list as far as recycling is concerned. I have recyclers such as PGS and Advanced Plastic Recycling lining up for any tank failures and are prepared to pay for the plastic.
You can expect the tanks to last in excess of 20 years. The industry standard for guarantees is now 10 years and companies such as Bushman Tanks no longer give a 25 year guarantee, even though they make the tanks exactly as they always have, using the same weight.
I hope this helps you decide on a poly tank

Regards
Michael Schefe
0400294351
------------------------------------------------------------
fromDon Matthews toMike
dateMon, Nov 10, 2008 Re: Recycling spent poly tank mailed-bygmail.com

Dear Mike,

It is interesting what you are saying about recycling tanks. I notice you talk about 'failed' tanks. Are these completely UV degraded one ones or just factory failures etc ie 'clean' still remouldable plastic ?

I have just had information from another source which says UV degraded poly can't be recycled???

Are you sure your information is correct ?

I would like to look into this further. Could you direct me to the person who told you this or the source of your information so that I can ask a few more questions.

Thanks,
Don
---------------------------------------------------------
No reply. Post closed
---------------------------------------------------------

No comments: