Monday, March 2, 2009

Waterstore Poly Tanks VIC

Manufacturer
Marong VIC
---------------------------------------------
fromDon Matthews <donmatthews7@gmail.com>totanks@waterstore.com.au
Mar 3, 2009 Recycling UV degraded poly tank mailed-bygmail.com

Dear Waterstore,


I notice you manufacture rainwater tanks and wondered if you could help me. I am thinking of buying a poly tank but would like to know if it can be recycled when it eventually is broken down by sunlight. I would like to think I was doing the right thing by the environment in buying a tank which can be recycled at the end of its life.

Thanks for your help
Don Matthews
-----------------------------------------------
fromDoug <doug@waterstore.com.au>toDon Matthews <donmatthews7@gmail.com>Mar 3, 2009 RE: Recycling UV degraded poly tank

Don,

We recycle scrap plastic and faulty tanks and it gets re ground and made into stock troughs, so its life is extended. Local recyclers would be more than pleased to re use your tank I would think

Kind Regards Doug Bell
Sales & Marketing Manager
WaterStore Poly Tanks
----------------------------------------------

A careful look at my question tells you I'm wanting to know about a tank which has been out in the sun for 15+years. This is not "scrap plastic and faulty tanks". Why would I be wanting to know about recycling factory scraps and faulty tanks? This should be standard practice anyhow. Once more the myth that degraded plastic can be recycled the same as non-degraded plastic is being perpetrated to keep a greenie customer happy. Have Waterstore ever tried to recycle degraded plastic? The response suggests a belief that degraded plastic can be recycled the same as non-degraded plastic.
----------------------------------------------


No comments: