Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bushmans


Manufacturer
NSW
-------------------------------------------

from Don Matthews
to sales@bushmans.com.au
Oct 13, 2008 4:08 PM
Recycling spent poly tank
mailed-by gmail.com

Dear Bushman Tanks,

I notice you sell poly rainwater tanks and wondered if you could help me.

I am wanting to buy a poly tank but would like to know if it can be recycled when it eventually is broken down by sunlight. I would like to think I was doing the right thing by the environment in buying a tank which can be recycled at the end of its life.

Thanks for your help

Don Matthews

------------------------------------------

from "Todd, Craig"
to Don Matthews
Oct 14, 2008 12:44 PM
RE: Recycling spent poly tank

Don

We actually manufacture the rainwater tanks.

The material we manufacture the tanks with is 100% recyclable.

You will be looking at about 40 to 50 years before you need to recycle your tank.

Best Regards,
Craig

Craig Todd
Sales and Technical Support

Bushmans Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 7001
Blacktown NSW 2148
Australia
Ph (02) 8884 4111(Extn 125)
Fax (02) 8814 8437
Mb 0438 225 181
Free Call: 1800 00 88 88
email ctodd@bushmans.com.au

------------------------------------------

from Don Matthews to "Todd, Craig"
Oct 15, 2008 12:17 PM
Re: Recycling spent poly tank
mailed-by gmail.com

Dear Craig,

Thanks for your reply. Just want to clarify a couple of things.

When you say "The material we manufacture the tanks with is 100% recyclable" I was meaning about recycling this plastic after it has been completely degraded by UV. I don't mean clean plastic factory scraps, seconds etc. Is this fully UV degraded plastic recyclable? How is it being recycled and what is it being turned into?

I would like to think I could get 40-50 years from a poly tank but your tanks only have a 10 year warranty suggesting a life of only 15-20 years. What are you basing an expected life of 40-50 years on ?

Thanks

Don

----------------------------------------------

from "Todd, Craig"
to Don Matthews
Oct 15, 2008
RE: Recycling spent poly tank

Don

Some of the recycled material gets turned into the sewerage storage vessel on caravans, I no of one company that is turning the recycled plastic in to power poles and another into decking.

I’m not sure of the process and how it works.

We give a 10 year guarantee on our tanks that is for the next 10 years if you install our tank to our recommendations will fix or replace that tank for the next 10 years.

Now I can spend a million dollar on a house and I would not get coverage like that.

Even if I bought a new car I would not coverage like that they give a 2 year warranty if you are lucky and there is a difference between a warranty and guarantee.

Best Regards,
Craig

Craig Todd
Sales and Technical Support

Bushmans Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 7001
Blacktown NSW 2148
Australia
Ph (02) 8884 4111(Extn 125)
Fax (02) 8814 8437
Mb 0438 225 181
Free Call: 1800 00 88 88
email ctodd@bushmans.com.au

---------------------------------------------

from Don Matthews
to "Todd, Craig"


Craig,

1. I would like to find out more about how plastic is being recycled turned into power poles and decking. Could you give me the names of these companies so I can contact them. Are you sure it is UV degraded plastic they are using ?

2. You seem to have missed the point of my second question. I was asking what evidence you are basing your claim of a 40-50 year life expectancy for a Bushman tank on? A 10 year guarantee suggests an estimated life of 15+ years which is nowhere near what you are claiming.


Don

--------------------------------------
No response

No comments: