Monday, December 15, 2008

Dural Irrigation

Supplier of Nylex tanks
Dural NSW


---------------------------------------------------------



From: Don Matthews [mailto:donmatthews7@gmail.com]
8 December 2008


To: Erin Eyles

Subject: Recycling spent poly tank



Dear Dural Irrigation,


I notice you sell Nylex poly rainwater tanks and wondered if you could help me.I am thinking of buying a poly tank but would like to know if it can be recycled when it eventually is broken down by sunlight. I would like to think I was doing the right thing by the environment in buying a tank which can be recycled at the end of its life.



Thanks for your help

Don Matthews

---------------------------------------------------------

fromErin Eyles <
admin@duralirrigation.com.au>

toDon Matthews <donmatthews7@gmail.com>
Dec 9, 2008


RE: Recycling spent poly tank

To our knowledge poly tanks are not recyclable after there completed use. However I encourage you to contact the tank dealers directly, to receive a more detailed and knowledgeable response to your query.




Rapid Plas – 02 43234404 OR FREECALL ENVIRO AUSTRALIA 1800 011000.Tank Master – 08 9274 7000 I hope that helps answer your questions.



Katrine Hermansen

Dural Irrigation Pumps & Power Products

270 New LIne RdDural NSW 2158

Ph No:02 9651 4111 www.duralirrigation.com.au


---------------------------------------



fromDon Matthews <donmatthews7@gmail.com>

toErin Eyles <admin@duralirrigation.com.au>
Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:18


Re: Recycling spent poly tank
mailed-bygmail.com

Dear Erin/ Katrine,


Thankyou for your honesty. My research agrees with what you are saying - UV degraded polyethylene tanks can't be recycled. This is opposite to what the industry and ARMA keep telling me. I may get back and talk to you later about this.

Don

-------------------------------------------------------



No comments: